My name is Anna. Most of the day I’m called “Mommy”.
- …a farmer’s daughter and a wife to the most amazing man in this whole wide world!
- …a Lego extraordinaire, a marble tower genius, a chef, a waitress, a taxi, a tutor, a housekeeper and a snuggler…
- …all to 3 precious little boys who call me mommy.
If I could choose my favorite place in this whole world, it would be right here on the farm with my precious little family.
- I work with all natural light whether it be outside, in my home or in yours. My weapon of choice is my Contax 645.
- And yes, I do shoot film —it is amazing! Film is a master of color and a director of light.
Why I am who I am?
- “But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us…made us alive together with Christ. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not from your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus…” Ephesians 2:4-10
- GRACE, my dear friends! Grace is beautyfull! I don’t deserve it, I haven’t earned it, I’m not good enough for it, but I need it. I have to have it. Without it, there would be no point to this life. My prayer and deepest desire is that through this business I will have the opportunity to share the grace of God with each and every one of you!
Why the love for photographing families?
- To me, there is nothing on this earth more beautiful and more pure than how a little boy loves his mother or how a father wraps his arms around his family, how an expecting mother would defy life and death for that little one she has yet to meet, or how a newborn depicts the radiant beauty of being so fresh from God. I am immensely thankful that I have been honored with the job of documenting that for each family and know that it is something that I don’t deserve to be able to do, but am so glad that God chose me to bestow that talent and passion upon.
Why is your work unique?
- Part of what makes my photography so unique is my use of film photography. I started out shooting digital 6 years ago, but discovered my love for film about 2 years ago. I feel like I was made for film! I would choose nothing else to photograph with… ok, maybe I do still have my digital but you’ll find it always in the camera bag with a layer of dust on top! Also, more than just taking pictures of a family or of a newborn, my passion is for capturing the true love and beauty that is within your family. The relationships, the laughter, the way a mother gently kisses her baby’s tiny toes or the way a father holds the hand of his daughter who is growing up way too fast. To capture these moments in a truly beautyfull and artistic way is the goal of each photography session.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to stop by. I hope a bit of the love and passion that God has given me for photographing this beauty-filled life has in some way inspired and refreshed you today!